Sunday, September 05, 2004

Today our church staff met after service. It was probably the first staff meeting in a long time that I didn't leave feeling like I wasted my time. I feel like I voiced my thoughts clearly and accurately. My youth ministry is struggling in the traditional sense, we have low numbers and there are kids who are starting to flake out on God. But at the same time we are scucceeding with the new leaders that are coming on board, and their are students that are being transformed and that's really exciting. I am trying to grow this youth ministry naturally, and not based on events and hype. We grew last spring on hype and that only lasted so long. I want to see this thing succeed based on the natural growth that comes from lives being transformed. I want to see students take the responsiblity to grow the ministry numerically, while I facilitate their growth spiritually. I think that is what an organic ministry looks like. We will still do events and get people excited and fired up but it's really not about the hype, it's about the foundation. People look at the walls, but they don't always inspect the foundation. Those are my thoughts for today, and I pray that I am heading in the right direction