Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Speaking this Sunday

I am very privileged to be able to speak quite regularly on Sunday mornings here at tNC. I really enjoy these opportunities to grow in my giftings and the freedom that I have to experiment with different ideas. This week I am talking about Exodus 19, where God Comes and talks to the nation of Israel, and he comes in this terrifying cloud and fire on the mountain and the Israelites are terrified. And the LORD announces his presence with a Shofar. It's really pretty cool. I had to go looking for a shofar though, which is a ram's horn. The Church I grew up in had some really cool traditions and every year at the feast of trumpets Pastor Joe would blow his shofar. I thought it would be cool to introduce this to our church. I'm excited to see how this turns out. I think it will be really cool.