Monday, February 27, 2006

Remodeling Sucks

So Kathy and I are remodeling our house right now. We had to replace the ceilings in our bedrooms, and hall. They were this ugly drop down tile stuff, and they were water damaged from a leak in the roof. It's pretty gross. So we tore it all down and that was horrible because we had rolled out insulation and then on top of that we had blown stuff. So as we pulled the tiles down it was basically an avalanche of old insulation that later had to be shoveled up. It was nasty. But then we had to put the dry wall up and mud the seems. Mudding takes forever. I seriously thought I could get it all done this past weekend. Man was I wrong. I hope to get a ton done this week but I just don't know. And since I'm a pastor I tend to think about things in a spiritual context. And with all this remodeling, and the suprises the come up and the patience that I have to have to wait for mud to dry. I was reminded that wherever we are in our faith journey we are constantly going over a renovation of the heart. And as we break down different walls and change stuff we can be surprised by why we find. And as we are replacing broken or damaged things we have to remember that while the process is painful the end product is worth it. All of the changes that Christ has brought in my life I look back and think about the tiny shack that my heart used to be and I look to see where he has added rooms for compassion, worship, service, love, courage, faith, and I am amazed at what he has done.