Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Meeting w/ fellow youth pastor

I had the privlege of meeting with a youth pastor today, who seems to be going through a lot of the stuff that I went through in my first church. I was working part time, and felt like my hands were completely tied by a leader who couldn't or wouldn't let others around him succeed. This friend of mine is hurting because he feels like he is being stifled from the top. It's very, very hard to be in these situations. He's looking around at some other opportunities and he has hope. The biggest thing that I resonated with was the excitement in knowing he was going somewhere but not exactly knowing where he was going to land. It's very easy to just do what others expect you to do and play the game, but God hasn't called us to play other people's games. He wants us to play his game and be obedient to only Him. And when you step out of a comfortable existence and begin to trust God and try to find where He wants me to go. I'll be praying for this friend and I am excited to see what he learns and how he changes during this process.