Tuesday, September 28, 2004

God's Grace

one of the things that I have been trying to come to terms with is a biblical understanding of God's grace. And when I read the Bible I can clearly see implied messages of God's ultimate sovereignty and authortity, and whoever comes to grace in Christ is secure in that grace. And I love that and I welcome it because I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good, and I would personally never leave his grace. I can understand that eternality of salvation. But I guess I get caught up in questions is when I see people who were active in the church, and would say that they loved God, when I see these people turn away from God, it is hard for me to say that they were probably never really saved. I was talking to my wife last night about these issues and she made a really good point that they were around God, but they were never really in God. They felt the effects of God's presence, but they never dwelled in God's presence. They heard the right things for them to do, but they didn't fully "Buy into" the beliefs. That helped me understand how they could have possible never really been saved.