Monday, July 17, 2006

Monday Morning

Man monday mornings are rough. I'm on my second cup of coffee and I still don't feel like I've woken up. The reason the mondays are so rough is because our youth ministry meets on sunday nights. So Sunday is usually about a 9 hour work day for me, so monday's pretty tough. But it's totally worth it because sundays are the most important day of the week doing the most important job ever, helping people connect with God. So i'm totally willing to be tired on monday's if people are connected to God on sundays. Last night was a lot of fun for me. I talked about the Good Samaritan and Mary and Martha, if you want you can download it here. But it was fun talking about how Jesus constantly broke boundaries that people put in people's way to here the gospel. Jesus is revolutionary and when we look at our society today Jesus is the key for a lot of the progress that we have. Gentiles can hear the gospel because of Jesus, women are elevated to peers because of Jesus, we are all neighbors because of Jesus. There's a term that has been floating around, "glocal". Glocal simply means thinking and living globablly and locally. Jesus was the first person to have a glocal perspective. He ministered to his community and he sent his message around the world. The Good Samaritan reminds us that We truly are called to be glocal. We have to be neighbors ro everyone. We have to serve everyone, we have to bring the gospel to everyone. I love that about Jesus. After >>beyond>> we played ultimate frisbee up at the creekside campus. It was a lot of fun and I don't know if we are technically allowed to do that, but it was a great field and everyone had a lot of fun. Yesterday was a good day and I'm fine being so tired today.