Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Great thoughts on flexibility

I was cruising the blogs in my book marks and I came across this link on Seth Godin's blog. I thought it was particularly timely with all the changes that are coming up with tNC/Creekside Church. Flexibility The one thing that's certain about your marketing plan, your products, hey, even your life is that it won't turn out the way you planned. Given this proven truth, doesn't it make sense to spend most of your time building flexibility into whatever you're building? It's a lot easier to change your mind in advance... doing it when you have to is painful--especially if you have to persuade a team. The most flexible plans have the need (and ability) to change built right in. ---------------- I hope I can build that into my planning and strategizing, and life in general. I had a friend who always said that he was Gumby, and I think that is a good mantra to build into our lives.