Thursday, April 13, 2006

transit absentia

last night I was unable to attend transit because there was a church leadership community at the same time. I was a little nervous because transit is in my house and my wife was going to be there alone, and I had heard that one of the couples that usually attends wasn't going to be there, and it's easter week so i thought we might have a low number. But I was wrong. We had our usual attendance (12) with three or our regulars gone. I talked to some folks afterward and they said it went well. My wife said it went well too. I got home at 8:40 and people were still hanging out which is pretty cool. The community that transit is building is something that I thought would happen but I didn't reallly expect it to be this strong. It's amazing what happens when people get together and hang out and talk about the Bible and worship and pray. It's almost like church. Wait a minute that is what the church is supposed to be. Pretty cool, I'm really jazzed about transit. I get a lot out of it. Partially because it forces me to really focus on what I'm saying because people look up my references and ask questions. It's really causing me to get into the word and dig a lot more. If you're reading this and you are college aged (18-mid 20's) we would love to have you check us out, go to the transit blog.