Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Youth Pastors are the best people ever . . . EVER !!!

So today I had the priviledge of hanging out with a group of youth pastors this morning. It was great to be with a group of like-minded people who are able to talk about youth ministry from experiences, both good and bad. I know that I learned a lot, just by listening to these great men of God. One of the great messages that I heard today was that youth ministry is hard work. And that's so true, and it's great to hear that I'm not the only one who sees it as hard work. We were able to be honest and real with each other and with the people who were there. I don't really know who gave Brandon my number to call and fill in at the last minute, but I'm glad they did. These panel discussions are really great. If you are on a panel you have to keep your mind open to what other people say and allow yourself to be taught by them. It's not about how much you know or being an expert on anything. If the people in the class didn't learn anything, at least I did.